- Watershed Info
- Projects & Programs
- Dive In
Become a Member
Help us Manage our Watershed for Future Generations!
Membership of the Red Deer River Watershed Alliance is free and is open to all organizations and individuals whose interests are consistent with our Mission, Vision and Goals. Members do not need to live or operate within the Red Deer River watershed.
Become an Active Member
The success of the Red Deer River Watershed Alliance multiplies significantly as member participation grows. More involved members promote a better understanding of the watershed, and cooperative efforts lead to consensus building and more meaningful management, resulting in greater care for our watershed. We all have a role to play in making this effort successful. To renew your annual membership please fill out the details below.
Membership in the Red Deer River Watershed Alliance is free and open to all organizations and individuals whose interests are consistent with our Mission, Vision and Goals. Members do not need to live or operate within the Red Deer River watershed. The Membership term is annual from April 1 to March 31 of the following year and must be renewed by April 1 (no foolin'..!) to continue to receive member the member benefits detailed below.
Current members enjoy the opportunity to be involved in the operations of the Red Deer River Watershed Alliance, and are encouraged to actively participate in Alliance projects and activities. Members elect the Board of Directors. Any member may seek election to the Board of Directors within his or her membership category. Your membership with the Red Deer River Watershed Alliance keeps you informed of watershed issues within the basin through regular newsletters, publications and general meetings.
The full range of membership benefits includes:
- Free membership, with voting priviliges as set out in the Society bylaws
- An interactive website with regular updates
- Regular email communiques and monthly e-Newsletters on program as well as project-related events (by becoming a member of the Red Deer River Watershed Alliance, you are agreeing to receive our monthly newsletter by email. At any time you can unsubscribe by clicking on the link at the bottom of the message)
- An Annual Report (available to download from the website here)
- Two Forums and General Meetings (annually)
- Annual General Meeting
- Watershed Ambassador Program events
- Watershed Stewardship Group meeting (annually)
- Volunteer opportunities with educational and stewardship outreach activities designed for all ages
- Consultation opportunities to help with implementation of an integrated watershed management Plan (IWMP)
- Social media channels for more water-related information (facebook, twitter, pinterest, youtube)
An RDRWA member in good standing agrees to the following:
- To pay the necessary Membership Fee (2016/17 Membership fee is free)
- Receive a monthly newsletter via email or by mail, plus updates on events and topics as deemed appropriate by the RDRWA
- Acknowledge that the membership is unique to the Member, allowing one vote at a General and Annual meeting
- Acknowledge that the RDRWA is an inclusive, multi-stakeholder organisation which provides a safe environment for open dialogue
- To register for events beforehand, where appropriate, and pay any fees at the event or before attending
- Share the newsletters, invitations and other information with others and build a conversation about watershed management and issues
- The RDRWA retains the right to cancel membership
You are required to select only ONE category for your membership. However, a member representing an organization can change their category by supplying the RDRWA with the following information in writing (i.e., hand-written letter, email, or fax):
- Primary and secondary Contact info
- a statement saying, "I agree to change my membership to that of an individual"
- Any change in contact details
The RDRWA offers two kinds of membership with multiple catergories for organizations, please select one of the following: